2B NEWS JUNE 10, 2019
The last week of school always brings a bit of sadness. The children have been such a special part of my daily life the last 9 months and it is coming to an end with summer almost here. Thank you for the support and kindness this year. Enjoy the summer!
A few notes…
- Backpacks need to be brought in every day (even Friday) this week as items will be sent home daily.
- If your child has a summer birthday he/she may wear free dress either Tuesday or Wednesday.
- On Wednesday we are going to have an End of the Year/Thank You to Room Parents/Ice-Cream Celebration with the entire second grade.
- Thursday will be a noon dismissal. It is jeans day because the students will be helping clean the classroom.
- We’ll enjoy the end of year Mass Friday at 8:45 A.M. Students may wear Sunday best. No jeans please. Dismissal Friday will be 10:00 A.M. Report cards will be given to the children at that time.
- Students will start bringing home their materials. Please consider using the math workbooks for the Summer Math Challenge. There are pages that we didn’t complete so they would be great to use to review skills.
- The Reader’s Notebooks are also a valuable resource to review skills that have been taught this year.
This week we will…
- review the math skills learned this year, while taking part in some engaging hands-on math stations
- create an “All I Learned in 2nd Grade” poster
- write a letter to our third grade teacher
- continue working in our reading anthologies
- continue Second Step lessons about bullying: when a bystander sees unkind behavior we will learn how to help the one being bullied
Monday – Scholastic News: Read The History of Sunscreenand activity
sheet (return the activity sheet and keep the Scholastic News at
Tuesday – Clock review
Wednesday – No homework
Thursday – No homework
Have a fantastic week,